Blue and White

Sunday, September 24, 2006

New Jersey Senate Race

I was just watching George Stephanopoulos who was hosting Kean and Menendez. I have been so curious to see how Kean comes across, especially after the last polls that show Kean ahead in the NJ senate race. I have been reading that Kean is independent, that he avoids to even mention Bush's name, etc etc., and I was wondering if Kean is a Republican like Lincoln Chaffee (RI), which I like and respect.

Well, I just concluded that Kean is not like Lincoln Chaffee at all. Chaffee was the only republican, and one of the very few senators altogether, who was smart enough to realize that the "weapons of mass destruction" story that Bush used to start the war was a hoax from day 1, and he had voted against authorizing the war, along with Russ Feingold and a few democrats. Kean made clear that he would still do the same. Now, after all that. That guy he would still support Bush! It is more than obvious that he does not have good judgement. And by the way, asking for Rumsfeld to resign, as he did, is almost laughable. How can you be supporting incompetent Bush who loves incompetent Rumsfeld and at the same time ask for his resignation (in an obvious political game). Give me a break. I am tired of people like Lieberman and Kean using Rumsfeld as an easy target to pretend that they are "independent" and "critical" of the administration. They are not.

Kean is not qualified to be in the US senate and hopefully Menendez will win. The real battle here seems to be a battle of Kean-Rove versus Menendez. I dont know if there is real corruption behind Menendez or not, but the accusations of Kean appear to be baseless, or at least not proven. The efforts to personally destroy Menendez are straight out of the "Manual of Destruction" of Karl Rove. I hope they dont succeed. Menendez would be a much better presence in the US senate than Kean, but he has to come back strong with heavy attacks on Kean if he wants to win.