Blue and White

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Why Did Chris Matthews Interview Ann Coulter?

I dont get it. I really dont get it. I watched the clip of the exchange between Ann Coulter and Elizabeth Edwards that was in this diary. And I have hard time understanding why would Chris Matthews interview Ann Coulter. What does she have to offer in the political dialogue? Based on what criteria her opinions have any value?

Well they dont. Ann Coulter is a politically illiterate person filled with hatred. I dont believe she has any political ideology. She does not understand politics. She just attacks liberals and progressives using vulgar language to create controversy that helps her sell her (trashy) books.

The problem is not Ann Coulter. The real problem is that journalists like Chris Matthews invite her to speak and allow her to have publicity. I also think that Elizabeth Edwards made a mistake talking to this person. You can not reason with Ann Coulter. The best way to deal with her and others like her is to ignore them completely.

Anyway, I think that Chris Matthews should apologize to his audience for inviting in his show someone as politically illiterate and offensive as Ann Coulter. As someone who watches Hardball, I am offended. Matthews should apologize. If not, maybe he should consider moving to Fox News. He would probably do better there.