Blue and White

Monday, February 19, 2007

1909

Well, as you may already know, I am a fan of classic music. And, in fact, I am a big fan of the romantic period. I like to listen to classic music when I work out. Yesterday, I was working out listening to the 7 th symphony of this composer. I am sure you recognize him. Right? He is one of the most ingenius classic composers of all times. My favorite pieces of his are the 1st, 3rd, and 7th symphonies...

Still did not recognize him? Here are some tips:
1. The year this picture was taken was 1909.
2. He was Jewish but converted to christianity, because under the law of his country those days he could not get a prestigious position (director of a very famous opera) if he were jewish. Apparently there was big-time antisemitism then in his country.
3. He attended a University where my favorite composer of all times (Anton Bruckner) was lecturing.
4. His was eventually married to a very sexy woman who, unfortunately for him, became famous for her affairs. She was actually 20 years younger than him.

Still did not recognize him? Hmmm..Thats an easy one. If you dont, you probably dont know much about classic music....