Blue and White

Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Orleans

I was recently in New Orleans, and I had the opportunity to drive thru with a tour around the areas hit by Katrina. I can only say that the city is STILL real shocking. Many many houses destroyed and not repaired. Whole sections of the city ABANDONED..... Even upper middle class neighborhoods (like Lakeview)....

I assume Bush forgot his promise to "rebuild" New Orleans, or most likely he does not care......Why should he? He does not have to live there.

The only good news is that the center of New Orleans and the areas around Burbon street are as vibrant as always....My understadning from the locals is that the population of the city dropped by half.... I hope New Orleans recovers fully. It is one of my favorite cities, and I love the european/french influence and style there.