Blue and White

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Prediction: Edwards will win Iowa

I was just watching John Edwards in the Sunday morning shows. Of course, he re-affirmed why I should be voting for him. He is by far the best candidate we have. He is also the most electable in the general election, based on multiple polls.

But can Edwards win the democratic nomination? The answer is simple. Yes, because he will win Iowa.

I think that the rise of Barack Obama in the polls is helping Edwards. Dont believe me? Wait and see. As it stands now, the most recent poll from Quad City Times shows a 3-way race with Barack leading at 33% and Edwards and Hillary tied at 24%. The rise of Obama has taken away the "inevitability" of Hillary and now the game is on. Anyone can win Iowa.

But I believe and predict that the winner will be John Edwards. The ongoing fight between the Clinton and Obama camps will hurt both. Most importantly, I believe that Edwards's message resonates more with the voters of Iowa and at the end they will vote for him.

I hope I am right and that my prediction will stand. In my opinion, it will be important not to compromise and to select the best democratic nominee for the general election. There are many people that are supporting Hillary because they believe that she is the most electable. But they are very wrong. The best and most electable candidate in the race is John Edwards. And, hopefully, it will be President John Edwards a year from now.